Upcoming Trip: Lebanon
NOTE: This trip is in the process of being rescheduled due to security reason. For more info, please email me (David).
This upcoming April I have been given the privilege to go on a mission trip to the war-torn country of Lebanon. Lebanon is primarily Islamic and is the only Arab State in the Middle East where Muslims can legally convert to another religion without fear of punishment from the government. Lebanon has a population of nearly 5 million people that consists roughly of 60% Muslim, 31% Christian, 0.5% Evangelical. Due to security and economic issues, the Christian population has dropped from 62% in 1970 to a little over 30% in 2010. Lebanon is also home to nearly 800,000 Syrian refugees who have fled from the present day crisis that is taking place in Syria. As you can see there is a great need for the church to come alive in the nation of Lebanon.
While on the trip I will be able to:
- Minister to refugees ($65 can feed a refugee for one month)
- Provide Arabic translated New Testament Bibles
- Equip, encourage, and empower local churches
- Minister inside of schools (many Muslims send their children to Christian schools for a better education)
- Minister through sports and recreational activities
- Street evangelize and have one on one connections
Please see the document below for the following details:
- Who I will be going with
- Dates and Times
- Costs and Needs